Sunday, September 23, 2012

... and here we go!

Welp...today is day 1 of the challenge. Almost one down, only 23 more to go! (like that optimism?!)


But, you know what, I can't really express how excited I am to take this on again. I'm ready for it (that's what she said).

So here we are....
Day 1: 206.7 pounds



side note: don't I just look utterly gorgeous?! riiiiiight. definitely didn't love what I saw in the mirror....thus the need for change!


I thought I would track my meals on here too, just for the heck of it I guess. I track them on the MyFitnessPal app that I have on my phone too. But in case anyone ever reads this, here's what a day on the 24 Day Challenge Cleanse: Phase looks like:

Breakfast: 
Spark and an apple (honeycrisp, of course!)

AM snack:
2 eggs (over easy), 1/2 cup chopped fresh strawberries and 2 pieces of bacon
(so, the bacon definitely isn't part of it, but my parents took B and I out to breakfast this morning)

Lunch:
Romaine, 2 pieces of grilled chicken and low fat raspberry vinagrette

PM snack:
Green Goddess Smoothie
(I may have totally free-balled this sucker, but it turned out decent.)
-1 small granny smith apple
-3 raw strawberries
-small handful of spinach
-splash of unsweetened almond milk
(definitely should have added ice, and maybe done frozen berries!)

Dinner:
Lightly steamed broccoli, 1/2 cup brown rice, and a packet of tuna
(sprinkled Ms. Dash's lemon pepper over entire thing)
look how much food that is!
and less than 300 calories for the entire thing!


I deep cleaned my entire room today. We're talking dusted, mopped, organized, re-folded clothes, etc. I am constantly on the run, between school, RA stuff, family, exercising and spending time with B, my room gets messy quickly. I try to straighten a lot, but it was begging for a deep clean. 

I must say, it looks much better now! phew, I love that clean room feeling, and look!


I also got to end my day with this beautiful sight outside of the Res Hall. I got really lucky this year. My bedroom faces east, so I get beautiful day light in my room all day, I rarely ever use my actual lights. On top of that, the hallway on my floor faces west, so I get painted sky sunsets on a daily basis.
It definitely is a nice reminder that there's more out there than just nursing school.



have a great night, y'all!
here's to a great week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment